Creo is a fully parametric CAD program. This means that the geometry of features (e.g., holes, slots) on a part have to be fully specified in terms of size, shape, orientation, and location.
This specification allows the user to write equations (i.e., relations) which describe how features on individual parts or multiple parts should relate to each other. The focus areas are as follows:
- Introduction to Creo : What is Parametric modeling, Working with or without Intent manager, Different File extensions in Pro-E, Setting up working directory, Current session files, Pro-E options.
- Sketcher: Working with and without intent manager, Sketch dimen sioning, Auto dimensioning, modify, Geometric tools, Constraining, regenerate drawings, sketch view.
- Part Modeling: Feature creation, Protrusion & cut (Extrude, Revolve, Sweep, Blend, Blend Vertex, Use quilt) Solid, Thin, Rib, Shell, Pipe, Tweak base feature like draft, offset, flatten quilt etc., Hole Dress up feature fillet, chamfer.
- Surface Design: Datum curves, Datum point, Datum plane, Datum Co-ordinate system, Sketch base features, Extrude, Revolve, Sweep, Blend, Flat, Offset, Copy, Copy by trim, Ad vance surface creation, New, Merge, Trim, Extend, Transform, Draft, Area offset, Draft offset, Use quilt (conversion of surface to solids)
- Drafting: Introduction to drafting, With /without templates, for mats, placing views, placing dimension, Calling up Different model, Tolerances, Notes, Bill of materials etc.
Some prior exposure to Basic Engineering Drawing and working knowledge of computers is desired.
For Students: Rs. 8,000/-
For Industry sponsored candidates: Rs. 10,000/-